Chapter I. Selling Yourself on Paper
What is a Resume?
- A personal written summary of your background, work experience, education, training, and skills.
- An opportunity to present your best qualities to an employer.
- A calling card to remind the interviewer who you are.
- A way for employers to compare your specific qualifications to those of other candidates.
Why is a Resume Important?
- Most employers expect you to have a resume even when you are applying for a beginning job.
- Once you have your strong points on paper, you will find it easier to discuss them in an interview and impress an employer.
- Resumes allow you to have all your facts at your fingertips - no fumbling for dates and important information.