- In 2002, the Association for Assessment in Counseling of the American Counseling Association extended its Exemplary Practices Award to Thomas F. Harrington and Arthur J. O'Shea for their development of the Harrington-O'Shea Career Decision-Making® System.
- Millions of people have used the CDM in making successful career choices. It will help you online to:
- Identify your occupational interests, values, and abilities
- Match those interests to career options
- Use your values and abilities to narrow down those options
- Learn about each career that attracts you: its educational and training requirements, skills needed, wages, job outlook
- View videos of people working in many of these jobs
- Uniqueness and Power. The only career assessment instrument that presents a seamless Internet experience that allows you to learn about your career self through the CDM and in the same process learn about jobs through CDMCareerZone. You will be able to move back and forth effortlessly from self exploration to career exploration.
- Authoritativeness: All career information in the system is based on the most up-to-date U.S. Department of Labor publications.
- Timeliness. Meets the demands of today's dynamic job market. CDMCareerZone covers close to 100% of all current U.S. jobs, including new computer-related and engineering opportunities, as well as non-technology positions.
- Presentation. Colorful, fast-paced, easy to use.
- Adaptability. Valuable both for students preparing to enter the job market and for those returning to the workplace or changing career directions.
- Research: Research in the US and in many other countries has demonstrated the effectiveness of the CDM with both males and females in diverse cultures.
For more information about the CDM, click on http://www.psychcorp.com/ and then click on C.
The CDM CareerZone site is powered by Headed2, a secure career exploration and coaching platform which can be accessed from anywhere to continuously connect learning with earning. Headed2 is an educational technology company focused on career and transition planning. Their mission is to help people explore, plan for and pursue careers that reflect their passion, skills, and life goals.
CDM CareerZone utilizes data from Version 22 of the O*NET Database. O*NET™ is a trademark of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.